Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Marinara
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- 5 Chicken Breasts medium
- Fresh Basil to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside, this is your “lasagna stuffing”.
- Generously salt and pepper each side of the chicken breast and gently pat to adhere.
- Slice chicken breast in half to form a “pocket”.
- Place a spoonful of marinara in each chicken breast. Use the back of the spoon to spread and even out this layer.
- Spoon an even amount of lasagna stuffing in each of the chicken breasts.
- Cover with the remaining marinara.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Ensure the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink** — if using a meat thermometer, the chicken should be at least 165 F in the thickest part.
- Serve with fresh basil and enjoy
This article and recipe adapted from this site